Presents Loves…Royal Celebrations
by Laura McCallen, Assistant Editor
Unless you’ve managed to completely shut yourself off from the world you’ll probably know that here in the UK our greatest heroine is celebrating her 90th birthday in 2016. Yes, ladies and gentleman, though it seems impossible our beloved Queen Elizabeth II has reached an incredible milestone and, as all royals should, has turned the event into a year-long celebration with parties, parades, beacons, cake (of course!) and utter jubilation at every turn! This means a lot of things but—most importantly for avid royal-watchers like yours truly—it means we are getting even more William and Harry than usual. From royal tours in exotic foreign lands to important state occasions that call for their finest ceremonial dress (a Prince in a uniform – is there anything more swoon-worthy?!) Wills and Harry are on our screens almost daily. Which means that most important of debates MUST be had….Wills or Harry?
Because I know this will spark controversy I thought it best to break it down by direct comparison. Let’s look at the facts…
In Support of Prince William:
- Birth Order: First – heir to the throne and unimaginable wealth and power
- By the Book or Rule Breaker?: By the Book – this dutiful Prince has always been strong and silent…a man you know you can depend on
- Most Memorable Moment: Marrying Kate – it was the royal wedding of the century and proof that fairy tales really do come true!
- Best Feature: Eyes – the window to his soul
- Day Job: Helicopter pilot who spends his days rescuing damsels (and dudes) in distress
- Military Dress: RAF (blue) or Colonel of the Irish Guards (red)
In Support of Prince Harry:
- Birth Order: Second – all the royal with none of the responsibility!
- By the Book or Rule Breaker?: Rule breaker all the way – this bad boy rebel royal threw out the rule book a long time ago!
- Most Memorable Moment: Three words – Vegas. Strip. Poker
- Best Feature: Smile – his cheeky grin gets him out of any tight spot
- Day Job: Charity champion who spends his days working with children and carrying on his mother’s legacy
- Military Dress: Household Cavalry (black)
So…which Prince is for you? Let me know in the comments below!
In the meantime, satisfy your royal cravings with Caitlin Crew’s Expecting a Royal Scandal.