Ice and Fire, and a Royal Baby… by Susan Stephens

by Susan Stephens, author of Diamond in the Desert (Harlequin Presents, June 2013) and The Accidental Heir (Presents ebook novella, June 2013)

Diamond In The Desert

Publication Date: June 1, 2013

Breathless in a Bedouin tent

With the future of the Skavanga diamond mine in jeopardy, heiress Britt Skavanga needs an injection of cash fast. She finds it in a mysterious Arabian investor known only as Emir

Britt travels to the desert kingdom of Kareshi to confront her arrogant benefactor. If diamonds are in Britts blood, then the scorching desert sand runs through Sheikh Sharif al Kareshis. Hes determined to show cool, arctic beauty Britt how things are really done in Kareshi including how hot nights in the desert can be

Diamond In The Desert is the first of four books in my new Skavanga series.

I just love the concept of ice and fire, and a whole cast of characters exploded from these extreme settings, demanding to have their stories told

On the Home Page of my web site www.susanstephens.com you can find the link to a section devoted to this new series, along with info’ as to how the travel bug took me beyond the Arctic Circle for my inspiration, and on into the vast deserts of Arabia, where I was lucky enough to be taken on a tour of a real life billionaire sheikh’s wildlife conservation programme.

Diamond In The Desert tells the story of the oldest Skavanga sister, Britt, who has cared for her two younger sisters since the girls’ parents were killed, and their brother, Tyr, went missing.

I feel so passionate about Britt, because she didn’t think twice about taking on the responsibility for the rest of the family, even at the expense of her own happiness.

Britt never cuts herself any slack, and has no personal life outside her work and family. I so wanted Britt to be happy and fulfilled in all areas of her life, and so I found a hero in Sheikh Sharif, who can both excite Britt and show her that she can enjoy personal fulfilment without compromising her sense of duty.

And the royal baby?

What an exciting real-life event we have to look forward to this summer!

The Accidental Heir

Publication Date: June 1, 2013

This digital novella reveals just how hard it is to be a modern day Princess!

stephens_accidentalheir_final.inddThe last of her clan, Princess Astrid steps up to claim her birth right as ruler of the Arctic lands of Hammersvik. But first she must complete the rigorous training her advisors insist upon.

Her unlikely tutor is Karl Thorberg, Prince of the neighbouring lands, intrepid explorer and reckless thrill-seeker. He insists pampered Astrid leave her palace and experience, first hand, the wild Arctic landscape she will rule.

As the freezing Artic wind rages round them, passions are heating up between Astrid and Karl. It’s not long before Karl is tempted into some very un-princely behaviour! But during their one night of indiscretion, he inadvertently resolves another condition of her reign – that she provides an heir.

What a buzz it gave me to write a short, which I hope encapsulates all the thrill and concerns of a young and very modern princess as she looks forward to the impending birth.

My very modern princess is going to find life very exciting indeed when things heat up for Princess Astrid of Hammersvik in a polar tent in the middle of a blizzard with a scorching hot prince.

And, yes, he’s a Viking type.

As I mention on the web site… Scandinavian men do not disappoint!

And, as I’m sure Princess Astrid would tell you, Prince Karl of Thorsberg is no exception.

* If you were trapped in a polar tent without a scorching hot prince, what three things would you like to have with you?

I’ve got a signed copy of the book waiting for the most fun answers!

Just out of interest, my three would be:

1. a scorching hot prince
  2. bed socks
  3. a hot water bottle

But then I never did have much imagination ;)

Can’t wait to read those comments! Get them in as fast as you can, and make us laugh.

All my very best to you,

Susan

zp8497586rq
This entry was posted in sheikh and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Ice and Fire, and a Royal Baby… by Susan Stephens

1. I would want 3 Susan Stephens books with her uniquely hot heroes to keep me warm of course :)!

2. Melinda says:

1. unlimited amount of romance novels to accompany me
    2. my favourite quilt
    3. internet connection (I can’t live without it and books :p)

3. In the interests of research, i once interviewed a man whose job it was to teach people how to survive in the desert. I asked him what was the most necessary tool – water, a compass or a long-sleeved shirt.
    His answer?

A mobile phone! :-)

4. TashNz says:

Hi Susan

1 Hi Tech Phone with working WiFi or 3G so I could read/youtube while waiting for my scorching hot SHEIKH to arrive

2 Nothing else… my scorching hot Sheikh has bought everything with him we need ;)

5. Jan Vanengen says:

1. Sheikh…anyone who knows me (prince)

2. Kindle with M&B since my kindle is called M&BKindle….why?….hmmm lets guess there

3. My kitty….. :)

6. Jan Vanengen says:

Oh by the way I want all these books!!!!

7. Helloooo :)

The desert is just the most amazing place. I could write about it forever. The people are amazing, the wildlife is extraordinary and unexpected, and both sunset and dawn have to be seen to be believed.

Holding a monstrous eagle owl on my arm and realizing it only weighs a fraction of what I expected, was astonishing to me, but not half as memorable as those lush men on horseback flying their kestrels and hawks at full gallop. *Sigh*

And double sigh for those Skandinavian men. Viking giants with piercing blue eyes and muscles to die for… I feel a book coming on ;)

Thank you SO much for your comments! Can’t wait to read more!!!

Sxx

8. Laney4 says:

1.Birth control (since there isn’t medical attention available).
    2.Birth control (since I wouldn’t want to raise a child in a polar tent).
    3.Birth control (since you know what I want to be doing with aforementioned prince!).
    Shoot! Just realized you said WITHOUT a scorching-hot prince! Well, what is the sense in being in a polar tent if you DON’T have that prince! Jeesh!!!

9. Melanie J says:

1. Internet access for my phone
    2. My ereader
    3. Access to a place I can charge my phone and ereader.

10. bn100 says:

1. GPS to find the nearest prince
    2. camera
    3. blanket

11. Nicole says:

My top three would have to be 1) a genie in a lamp so that I can order up a hot prince on demand. 2) Waterproof matches to keep me warm until the arrival of said hot prince. 3)computer with connection so that I can entertain myself when the prince and I are done. :-)

Thanks!

12. Hi Susan,
    1. A comfortable bed for my bad back
    2. A supply of chocolate
    3. My laptop with wireless internet so I can order more chocolate!
    Great post. xx

13. Kai W. says:

It would be my dog (to keep me company until my prince arrived), socks (to keep my feet warm), and my smartphone if I decide to call in the Marines to rescue me.

14. Well,I did ask for comments to make us laugh- and, ladies, you didn’t disappoint!!

This has been the best post ever for me because of your comments. It was a close run thing. *Massive understatement*

But suspending disbelief for just a second, the winner has to be Nicole, because I’m liking the idea of that genie in a lamp a lot…

More chocolate…
    Turn the heating up
    Power shower, please…
    Make hot prince humorous as well as hot so we don’t get bored too quickly
    And finally… GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!

Nicole, please send your snail mail to the fab ladies who run iHearts so brilliantly and I will get something in the post to you ASAP

And thank you ALL AGAIN :)
    You are amazing. What better way to start the day than honking with laughter?!

(Long-suffering dog does not agree. She thinks I’m mad)

Sxx