For the Love of Japan, by Maya Blake

by Maya Blake, author of The Sinful Art of Revenge (Harlequin Presents, April 2013)

First of all *pinches self * I can’t believe I’m on the I Heart Presents Blog! In a way, this blog is what accelerated my Presents author journey, so I’m thrilled to be here blogging about my US Presents debut!

Now to talk about why I love The Sinful Art of Revenge so much. I’ve always wanted to write a Japanese hero or heroine. I’m fascinated by all things Japanese and the idea of combining a little bit of Japan with betrayal, angst, a touch of revenge and sizzling sex set in gorgeous, luxury locations was, well, too hard to resist.

Reiko Kagawa is the type of heroine I love writing about most – a little snarky, great at her art retrieval job but carrying a torment so dark it threatens to pull her under, despite a lot of therapy! Combine those qualities with Damion, a hero who’s equally as tormented but is determined to put his own personal issues aside in order to save his heroine and it’s not surprising I fell so in love with Reiko and Damion, I couldn’t wait to tell their story. Of course, I couldn’t help but throw in a few more obstacles in their way like a last-in-the-line-of-his-family-and-must-therefore-marry combined with fertility issues! Oh, and I also get to write about cherry blossoms, fake goldfish and the art of being a ninja. Yes, I love my job, lol.

Here’s the blurb for The Sinful Art of Revenge:

Taking what is rightfully his…

Endless tabloid coverage has left Reiko Kagawa with way too much information about art dealer Damion Fortier’s legendary playboy exploits—everyone knows he’s renowned for leaving a wake of broken hearts across Europe’s most glamorous destinations!

Damion isn’t used to beautiful women scorning his advances, so it’s definitely time to turn his lethal charm up one last notch to ensure he gets exactly what he wants….

Reiko knows she has two things Damion wants: the first, a priceless painting and Fortier heirloom. The second, her seriously off-limits body! And she has no intention of giving him access to either!

If you could set a story in your favourite place in the world, where would it be?

zp8497586rq
This entry was posted in settings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to For the Love of Japan, by Maya Blake

1. Rachael Thomas says:

This story sounds fantastic! I’m dying to know what Reiko’s dark torment is. Guess what I’ll be reading tonight!
    Congrats also on your debut Presents.

2. Maya Blake says:

Thanks so much, Rachael. I hope you enjoy finding out!

3. Oh, yum! Can’t wait to read this, Maya! Congrats on your debut!

4. Indigo says:

Hi Maya, congrats on your debut! This story sounds intriguing; can’t wait to read it!

5. MarcieR says:

I would set a story in Paris or Prague.

And guess what I’m reading?! Yep, The Sinful Art of Revenge and I’m on chapter 7!

6. Maya Blake says:

Thanks, Caitlin *nervous giggle*

7. Maya Blake says:

8. Maya Blake says:

Hey Marcie! I love Paris. Never been to Prague but I have a story partly set there. Hope I can do it justice! And sincerely hope you’re enjoying Sinful!

9. Hi Maya,
    Congratulations on your debut novel. May it be the first of many fabulous stories.
    I love the sound of your hero and heroine. I have a special love of Japan as we had an exchange student from there live with us for almost a year a few years back. I have to yet to travel there but it’s on my list!
    xx

10. maggie jones says:

Maya, yours is next on my TBR pile, squee. Can’t wait! Love the idea of Japanese heroine, especially having lived in the Far East for years, so I’m as fascinated as you. Congrats on your debut, Maggie x

11. Hi Maya – congratulations on your Presents debut. I have The Sinful Art of Revenge sitting on my Kindle, tempting me . . . but I also have my own book to write so I’m resisting (not very well!) As to places I love where I’d like to set a book, the place I really love is Ireland where my family come from – funnily I’ve never acually set a story there . . . Hmm – must think about that!

12. Maya Blake says:

Hi Melanie! I’m so honoured you stopped by. I’ve been reading your books for years and I’m a huge fan :) Thanks so much for the congrats! x

13. Maya Blake says:

Hello Maggie! I’m honoured to be on your TBR pile. Wow on living in the Far East! Hope you enjoy Sinful when you get round to it :)

14. Maya Blake says:

Hi Kate! Thanks so much for the congrats, and I’m honoured that you’ve bought my book! Hope you enjoy it. Ireland is on my to-visit list too! Happy writing x

15. Jennifer Hayward says:

Congratulations on your debut Maya! It sounds great. I can’t wait to read it. :)

16. Maya Blake says:

Thanks, Jennifer! Looking forward to your debut, too!

17. Jennifer Drogell says: