Pippa Hearts February

Pippa Hearts Presents

The journey of one (relatively) young, single girl’s romance with Harlequin Presents!

by editorial assistant Pippa Roscoe

There are many great things about February. My birthday, Valentine’s day… my birthday (it’s worth a second mention!). But this year has been even better. My cousin was married on the 2nd of February, and we all know that we Presents girls LOVE a wedding!

The bride looked absolutely beautiful in a halter-neck dress, fitted bodice, glorious long train – a little hazardous on the dance floor – and even rocked a pair of Converse for the night. (V. jealous as I struggled in my heels!) The first dance was lovely, my smile wobbled a little at how happy they both looked. It was all going so well until…

The bouquet toss.

Now, this is my first one. I’ve never been ‘that girl’; ready and waiting to catch the superstitious confirmation that yes – I will be next! And as I stood there (at the edge!) beneath the balcony, the crowd counted down:

Three! (Goosebumps and flashes to 27 Dresses)

Two! (start shaking – possibly even visibly! – and flashes to Bride Wars)

One! (Blank).

No – ladies don’t fear – I didn’t pass out. But I was nearly hit by the bouquet as the girl in pole position batted – literally – it out of the way, with a move I haven’t seen outside a basket-ball game.

So it wasn’t just me! There was definitely an ‘anti-catching’ mood amongst us single ladies. Whether this was due to the fact that there we were for all to see, knowing it would invite the – So, when’s it going to be your turn question, followed by the Nudge, nudge, wink, wink! Or for me, it was certainly the point where I realised I was now ‘that girl’. Safe to say, if I do end up as happily as Jane in 27 Dresses, it’s no bad thing! But sadly, a family wedding isn’t always the best place to find ‘the one’.

But perhaps there will be someone on Friday during the b’day celebrations… Now wouldn’t that be a nice gift to write home about?! I shall be putting on a sexy little number, popping in the new contacts, letting the hair down and enjoying myself thoroughly. Like all good Presents heroines – I don’t need a man to make me happy but if one comes along, I’ll

hear him out!

Then comes Valentine’s day. The last few years have been spent mostly scowling at the TV as it insists on showing reruns of Bridget Jones Diary. But this year will be different! I will spend the night cosying up to an absolute hunk of a man. Strong, determined, in control, and he even comes with his own catch-phrase.

Yes – BRUCE WILLIS IS MY HERO.

I shall be front and centre giggling with pure glee as I watch A Good Day to Die Hard! So ladies – tell me. What will you be doing on Valentine’s day? Is your own hero whisking you away for a romantic dinner?

This entry was posted in holidays and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Pippa Hearts February

1. Ha! great post. I imagine the guy watching his girlfriend bat away the bouquet like it’s some evil curse.

2. Jennifer Hayward says:

I am a big Die Hard fan for the pure adrenalin shot Pippa! There’s something about Bruce Willis… Wishing you lots of yummy hunks at the birthday celebration.

3. You need to be careful dating Bruce Willis – you’ll end up jumping from a burning building or something (and he will be covered in blood but STILL looking hot). Better sneak a pair of Converse into your bag just in case you have to run through a tunnel in your little black dress.

Have a lovely birthday :)
    x

4. Kaelee says:

Happy Birthday!

My husband and I are planning on taking my sister and her husband out for lunch on Valentine’s Day. This involve a 2 1/2 hour drive to their place and then another 1/2 hour drive to the restaurant they like to eat at. Hopefully it won’t be snowing that day.

5. Tara says:

Sounds like you have a blast planned for your B’Day and Valentine’s day, Pippa.
    Hubby and I always celebrate our wedding anniversary on 14th as the actual date (11th) is the day after my eldest’s BDay & we are usually too tired & too disillusioned to celebrate after hanging out with a bunch of kids on her Bday….:-)

Hope you have a LOVELY Birthday!!

6. Pippa Roscoe says:

Hi Steve, I reckon his face would have been a picture, but I was ducking – so couldn’t possibly comment! But Steve – you didn’t tell us what you’re doing for Valentine’s day!

7. Pippa Roscoe says:

Hi Jen – So glad to have found another Die Hard Fan! I’m planning on watching all 4 back to back in one glorious film marathon. And there’s a lot of somethings about Bruce Willis!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

8. Pippa Roscoe says:

Hi Sarah, I’ve LOVE all that jumping from buildings, and the thing about Bruce – he just keeps getting hotter! I’m putting the converse in my bag as we speak – ready for him to whisk me away on my birthday adventure. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

9. Pippa Roscoe says:

Hi Kaelee,
    I really hope it isn’t snowing for you that day too! That’s a lot of driving, but lovely to do something together with your sister and her husband. Enjoy a lovely meal!

10. Pippa Roscoe says:

Hi Tara,
    Yes, me and the girls are going for drinks, so it’s going to be a lot of fun! Ahhh, a wedding anniversary celebrated on Valentine’s day – it doesn’t get any more romantic! Have a wonderful time!

11. Dianne says:

I hate to shatter your Bruce Willis dreams, but he’s a little long in the tooth for you Pippa–he MY guy! Valentine’s Day is the one day of year I put on the chef’s hat in our kitchen. Not sure what the main course will be, but my hero has a coconut cake in his future!

12. Joanne Grant says:

I do love Bruce Willis – he so manly! Grr!

I think my hubby is working Valentine’s Day eve so it may be just me and the cat and hopefully the big box of chocs hubby has bought me ;)

Dianne – who needs main course when there’s coconut cake?!

13. Pippa Roscoe says:

Dianne, I’m going to have to fight you for Bruce! And I have to agree with Jo’s suggestion, the coconut cake would do nicely!!