The Harlequin Presents Writing Competition 2009 has officially arrived!
by Presents/Mills & Boon editor Joanne Grant
Yes, the moment all you aspiring authors have been waiting for has arrived – we are thrilled to announce that our writing competition is now open to entries! Here are the all-important details:
• The competition entry must consist of either the first chapter and synopsis of a Harlequin Presents or Modern Heat novel
• Please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The WINNER receives an editor for a year
• TWO RUNNERS-UP will be given critiques of their first chapter entries and an editorial consultation
• The competition will close on November 2nd 2009 and the winner will be announced in December 2009 on I Heart Presents
The Harlequin Presents and Modern Heat guidelines have very recently been updated and will be posted on this blog July 14, but if you can’t wait until then, we have updated all of our UK acquired series guidelines and they can be found here on eHarlequin.com.
And now for the serious part!
• Your entry must be aimed at Harlequin Presents or Modern Heat
• Your entry must NOT have been submitted previously to Harlequin Mills & Boon
• Only ONE entry per person
• Submissions received after the closing date will NOT be assessed!
We look forward to hearing from you soon and keep coming back to visit the blog for updates, editorial tips by editors and authors, and blogs by our previous winners!
The HARLEQUIN PRESENTS WRITING COMPETITION 2009
BE PART OF IT!
Note from Amy: So, duh, I linked to both sets of Modern Heat guidelines and missed the Presents/Modern guidelines. The links have now been updated. The contest isn’t just for Modern Heat so please check them both out. Thanks! ~Amy
ETA: More Questions about the contest? !