Big News!

If you’ve been keeping an eye on our comments section lately, you’ll have heard this fabulous news:

Lynn Raye Harris, winner of our Instant Seduction writing competition, has just sold her book to Harlequin Presents!

Many congrulations to Lynn for getting The Call! Expect a post from Lynn herself about this happy event soon πŸ™‚

1. blairwitch
    October 7, 2008 at 6:54 am

Wohoo!!! Fantastic, most exciting news. Can’t wait to read more about your Call and your book. Yay Lynn!

Rach!

2. MARIAN
    October 7, 2008 at 7:20 am

LYNN!!!!!!

Wonderful news!!! Do tell us all the details!

Thrilled for you! WOO-HOO!!!

hugs,
    MARIAN STEVENS

3. Tessa
    October 7, 2008 at 8:30 am

Well, there’s nothing like a story with a happy ending.

Yes, we have bought Lynne Raye HarrisÒ€ℒs manuscript Γ’β‚¬β€œ developed from her winning Instant Seduction competition first chapter Γ’β‚¬β€œ for publication in Presents!

Regular visitors to this site will have read LynnÒ€ℒs blogs about the process of winning the competition, then writing and revising her story and collaborating with our editor, Sally Williamson. All the blood, sweat and tears have paid off: SPANISH MAGNATE, RED-HOT REVENGE will hit the shelves in North America next August!

IÒ€ℒm going to leave it to Lynn and Sally to tell you more about this fabulous achievement in the coming days. But, on behalf of the team in London and Toronto, we want to offer huge congratulations to Lynn and welcome her to the fold.

4. Robyn Grady
    October 7, 2008 at 8:44 am

Lynn! OMGosh!! What fabulous news! So excited for you. May this be the first of many.

Robbiex

5. pbmrsd
    October 7, 2008 at 8:46 am

Congrats Lynn!

That is wonderful news. You must be thrilled to death.

6. ChrisM
    October 7, 2008 at 9:03 am

Already said it on your blog, Lynn, but it is worth saying again. Huge congratulations to you on your wonderful news!

Thanks for sharing your struggles along the way and showing that hard work can pay off if you want it badly enough.

Looking forward to reading it.

Chris.

7. Sabrina Philips
    October 7, 2008 at 9:25 am

Congratulations! All that hard work has paid off – enjoy every second of your success πŸ™‚

8. Cynthia
    October 7, 2008 at 9:39 am

Wonderful news! Congratulations.

9. Lynn Raye Harris
    October 7, 2008 at 9:41 am

Good morning everyone! And thank you SOOO much for all the congrats and good wishes! I am, of course, a VERY happy new author. πŸ™‚

I have to thank the editorial team for so many things. Having the contest, choosing me, choosing Sally to guide me, and of course Sally for sticking with me through two rounds of revisions and making me dig deep for what was buried in the story.

I need to save the details for The Call story, so forgive me for being kind of quiet about everything at the moment. I promise to share all!! And as I always say to the unpublished writers, do NOT give up! Keep going because the hard work can pay off.

Thank you so much!!!! I’m happy dancing in my chair. πŸ™‚

10. Gail Fuller
    October 7, 2008 at 10:48 am

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations, Lynn Raye!!! WTG!!! I look forward to reading your Call story and your book when it’s released. πŸ™‚

All the best,
    Gail πŸ™‚

11. Susanna
    October 7, 2008 at 11:09 am

Wow Lynn Raye!!! You seem like such a wonderful person, maybe some day we’ll meet face to face. You know, in a previous blog when I congratulated you, you responded so nicely. And I’m printing it out. In the future awaiting you, one day, I can point to my friends and say, “see this famous author, I blogged with her’. Hopefully someone will say the same about me. If the inspiration you’ve inspired is anything to go by, it’s a forgone conclusion.

All the Best!!!!

Karen in California

12. Heidi Rice
    October 7, 2008 at 11:50 am

Fabulous news Lynn, doing a happy dance for you here.

But hey, didn’t I say all those revisions would be worth it. Sorry, I’m a total ‘told you so’ merchant my sons shout at me about it on a regular basis. Well done you.

13. Mira
    October 7, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Yay!! Lynn such wonderful news! Congratulations. I’m dying to hear about THE CALL and I can’t wait for the book to come out.
    Enjoy!

14. Jennie Lucas
    October 7, 2008 at 12:41 pm

YAY, Lynn! Congrats again! Whoooo hoooo!!!

Jennie

15. Vicki
    October 7, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Major congrats Lynn!!! I’m so excited for you and can’t to read the book. πŸ™‚

16. lidia
    October 7, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Congratulations Lynn!

Since HPs are my favorite line I am especially excited about your ‘sell.’

17. Lynn Raye Harris
    October 7, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Hey y’all! Thanks again so much for your congrats!

Karen, how sweet of you! Keep working on your stories and lots of good luck!

Heidi, you did indeed tell me so. πŸ™‚ And I was so happy you did.

I look forward to writing up all the Call details! Y’all are making this into another great day for me. πŸ™‚

18. Joanne29
    October 7, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Congrats Lynne!! that’s fantastic news πŸ˜€ and thanks for your encouraging words πŸ™‚

Can’t wait to read your call story!

Cheers, Joanne πŸ™‚

19. Sharon F
    October 7, 2008 at 8:01 pm

Congratulations Lynne, I’m really looking forward to reading your book when it comes out in Oz.

Sharon

20. India Grey
    October 8, 2008 at 4:21 am

Absolutely delighted for you Lynn. And very excited about the prospect of being able to read the rest of your book– the first chapter was HOT!!

Hope you’re celebrating in style.

xx

21. wanton woman
    October 8, 2008 at 4:24 am

Lynn,

Congratulations on your sale. I hope the transition from ‘dreaming’ the dream to ‘living’ the dream is a smooth one. I look forward to reading your book.

Aideen.

22. mulberry
    October 8, 2008 at 8:24 am

Lynn Raye, I have the biggest grin every time I thing about you getting your Call! You are truly an inspiration on not giving up and keeping on beleieving in yourself and growing and developing as a writer.
    Well done you! I can wait to read both your Call Story, and the book. Tessa said it will be out in the US in August, when will it be out in the UK? Love the new title, BTW!

23. Lynn Raye Harris gets her Call! « Waiting for “The Call”
    October 8, 2008 at 9:56 am

[…] The wonderful news of the week is that Lynn Raye Harris, who won the Instant Seduction competition back in February, has had her revised competition story accepted for publication! Her full call story hasn’t been put up on the site yet, but there’s a snippet about it here at I Heart Presents. She hasn’t put much about the call on her own blog yet either, but there’s a whole lot about her own journey to publication there. […]

24. Marilyn Puett
    October 8, 2008 at 10:15 am

Yay! I knew you were going to sell this book and you did. I can’t wait to read it. All of us in Heart of Dixie RWA are so proud of you. You’re paving the way for so many of our members. And next year in DC — it’ll be pink ribbon time!

25. redlighting
    October 8, 2008 at 1:13 pm

Hi, Lynn Raye, I am very happy for you & look forward to reading your hot story! You are always consistently nice & helpful in your posts.
    You remind me of a good friend here who is helping me with my difficulties (you look just like her) & you are helpful like her too.
    I was thinking since you like detail & history maybe you can write an historical novel sometime! well, anyhow I know you will do very well with anything you write so good luck on the next one!
    sincerely, red…

26. Lynn Raye Harris
    October 8, 2008 at 6:17 pm

Thank you, Joanne and Sharon!

India, I’m blushing. πŸ™‚ Thank you so much!

Aideen and Mulberry, thank you! Mulberry, I hope to have more information soon. πŸ™‚

Marilyn, Heart of Dixie is THE most inspiring chapter! I couldn’t have done it without y’all.

Redlighting, funny you mention it, but my very first attempt at novel writing was a historical. πŸ™‚ I think I love reading them more than writing them, however. Thanks for the good luck!

27. Madeline
    October 8, 2008 at 8:17 pm

Lynn, this is our dream come true! I’m sure every one else on this blog has also been on the edge of their seat since you won Instant Seduction, just waiting for this moment. Your first chapter was so intense, we’ve just been dying to read the whole book!

Congratulations, you deserve every minute of this success.

All the best on future novels,
    Madeline πŸ™‚